Sunday, February 26, 2012

The laundry room

Olympus E-PM1 with Lumix 14mm f/2.5 @ f/4, ISO 200, 1/40 sec

Another photo from my basement series. I think this photo captures the ugliness of the space.

Manhattan is the only place in the United States where people pay $2400 per month for an apartment and their apartment doesn’t even come with its own washer/dryer. I once rented an apartment in Phoenix Arizona that was less than $600 per month and a washer/dryer was included. What a wonderful convenience! How I miss it.

* * *

You may notice that this photo and the one from my previous post were both cropped to a 3:2 aspect ratio. Maybe it’s an odd way to start out a blog dedicated to Micro Four Thirds which has a 4:3 aspect ratio, but both of these photos seemed to benefit from having a little bit of the top and bottom cropped away.

I'm not really sure why the left side of the photo has a reddish cast to it. Was the lighting weird down there, or is it caused by lens vignetting?

No comments:

Post a Comment